We make every effort to protect your privacy by adopting a consistently high level of site security aligned with strict company policies on how we store and use personal information and complying with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016).
We recommend that you read this policy prior to using any of our resources and regularly review any changes thereafter. It is your responsibility to do so.
Information that may be collected and how it is used
What data we collect and how this is used is set out in detail in this policy, but in general this might include:
- information that you provide by completing our online forms (e.g. your name, location, e-mail address, title)
- technical information about your use of our services (e.g. details of your domain name, location and internet protocol [IP] address, operating system, browser version, the content you view, the data you submit)
- other ad-hoc data to help us provide you with improved products and services (e.g. when we ask you to fill in a survey or questionnaire)
In addition to the uses specified below, we may use information provided by you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content on our site is presented in the most effective manner
- to monitor, develop and improve our products and services
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, with your consent
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so
As you use our platform, we collect information about your usage including but not limited to traffic data and location data.
Whether you are a registered user or not, our web server collects certain information including IP address, host names, domain name, time and date, the browser version and platform, a record of which pages have been requested and location data from your IP address. Location data may be necessary for us to ‘geo-block’ or regionalise our website content or services.
What else do we use personal information for?
We also may send you non-marketing e-mails for internal record keeping and/or to improve our services and/or for the purpose of inviting you to partake in surveys or market research that we or third parties conduct.
In addition to responding to complaints or claims received or discovered, as referred to above, or any breaches of our website terms and conditions, we may use all information supplied or collected on our websites to enforce our legal rights and protect against unauthorised access, use, activity and/or copying, either personally or via third party contractors and advisors and/or protect the rights, property, or personal safety other users of the websites and the public. This may involve using any details supplied by you, including your name and contact details.
Sharing personal information
Other than as expressly agreed by you or stated when data is collected or stated within this policy, we will not disclose your personal data to any third parties other than:
- to third parties authorised by us such as our licensors and, contractors who must keep this data confidential
- as required to enforce our legal rights (including property, safety, our customers or others)
- for fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- where our company or its assets (to which your data relates) are to be acquired by a new company, in which case location data may be shared
How does Twigly Technologies keep your personal information protected?
We understand that the security of your information is important to you. We adhere to the highest standards of decency, fairness and integrity in our operations. We also take industry accepted security measures to protect your information as it travels the internet, and to make sure all information is as secure as possible against unauthorised access and use. We review our security measures regularly.
Your rights to your data
You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information by contacting us via our contact form. Your request might cover the following:
- we provide you with details of your personal information that we hold, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information and how we protect your data
- that we rectify any errors in your personal information
- deletion of your personal information
Where local laws dictate, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor disclose your information to any third parties, unless we have your prior consent. You can prevent such use by letting us know through our contact form.
Linking to external sites
By submitting your information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. You should review this policy regularly, to note any changes as to how we collect and use personal information.
Thank you for reviewing this information and if you have any questions, please send a message via our contact form.
If you have any feedback about this site or if you have concerns relating to your data, you can submit an SAR (Subject Access Request) via our contact form.
Last updated: 25 March 2019